The weight loss and diet industry has always been rife with scams that range from a waste of money to downright dangerous.
In hindsight, we can see how ridiculous and harmful these products were. Now, in 2020, similarly useless dangerous weight loss products are sold to us, but we’re failing to recognize that history is repeating itself.
The most common thing I hear from new clients is:
“Lauren, I’ve tried every diet under the sun. weight watchers, Noom, low carb, keto, whole30. I lose weight initially but I lose my willpower and I gain the weight back… and now I’m at my highest weight ever.”
The problem isn’t a lack of individual willpower, nor is it sugar addiction or insatiable food cravings.
The problem is that the diet industry has sold us three powerful lies. As long as we accept these lies as reality, and we don’t question them, we’re going to be at war with food and our bodies for the rest of our lives.
Watch the video to learn the truth about trying to lose weight!
Citations and links:
- Research on how dieting backfires, slows metabolism, and leads to weight gain: 1, 2
- Research on how the misguided “war on obesity”: 3
- Research on how yo-yo dieting correlates to worse health outcomes: 4, 5
- List of studies showing intuitive eating improves health markers and long-term food relationship
- Pre-order The Invisible Corset and get my online course as a pre-order gift
- Work with me in my 8-week Food without Fear Program
Are you changing the way you think about food and your weight?