Imagine if Google existed in the 1950’s, and you entered “Are cigarettes safe?”
The first search results would probably include headlines like, “Doctors confirm cigarettes are safe!” or “Debunking the Cigarettes and Cancer Conspiracy.” After all, the tobacco industry had bought out doctors, funded their own research, and buried the research that revealed the dangers of smoking.
In order to find the information we need for our health, we have to put in more more time and energy than accepting the answers on the first page of Google.
We must examine the historical, financial, political, pharmaceutical, and cultural biases at play. Most importantly, we have to understand the truth about scientific c*ensorship.
Additional reading and references from this video:
- Manifesto for a Post-Materialist Science
- How to Know the Difference Between Science and Pseudoscience
- 5 Ways Big Pharma Lies To You
- How The Diet Industry Misled You About Weight Science
- The Limitations of A Reductionistic Scientific Perspective
- Holocaust Survivor Discusses Historical Patterns with Current Medical Practice
- Pre-order The Invisible Corset
Have you noticed the online removal of medical voices and scientific data? Does it concern you?