I am really excited to be sharing this Cream Turmeric Chicken Stew recipe over on Empowered Sustenance. I have been following Lauren for years so it is quite an honor to be guest posting today.
A quick introduction before I tell you about the recipe. My name is Jessi and I run a food and lifestyle blog called Jessi’s Kitchen. I started it a few years ago after some health issues and discovering that I needed to drastically change the way I was eating. Cooking has always been very therapeutic to me so the blog really became a healing and creative outlet for me.
Okay, enough about me! Let’s talk about this chicken stew recipe. We are starting to get glimpses of cooler weather here in Tennessee and it is getting me really excited for fall. During the colder months we basically live on soups and stews. They are healthy, satisfying and also great for meal prep.
I make a lot of beef stews but decided that it would be fun to create a hearty and nourishing paleo chicken stew. This soup is actually incredibly easy and packed full of vegetables and anti-inflammatory spices. It really makes for a perfect healthy, weeknight meal.
This stew can be served over some cauliflower rice for some extra vegetables and flavor or eaten as is. Feel free to get creative and add some of your favorite vegetables!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups parsnips, sliced ¼ inch thick (approximately 4 small)
- 2 cups carrots, sliced ¼ inch thick (approximately 3 medium)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1.5 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 cups chicken stock/bone broth
- 1 can full-fat canned coconut milk, recommended brand here
- 3 cup shredded chicken, cooked, easily make chicken in your crockpot here
- Heat a soup pot or dutch oven to medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the parsnips, carrots, onion and celery and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, oregano, garlic, salt and rosemary and sauté for about one minute.
- Add the broth and put the lid on top and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the coconut milk and simmer for another 10 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Add the shredded chicken and take the stew off the heat.
- Eat as is or serve over cauliflower rice.
About Jessi Heggan
Jessi Heggan grew up loving to spend time in the kitchen creating new and fun foods for friends and family, but had to rethink the way she cooked when she was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease at 24. She turned to her kitchen for healing and began creating new and healthier recipes in the process. Her husband, Joey, is her willing recipe tester and her friends and family always insist that she cook for every event. Jessi photographs each of her recipes and posts them on her website, Jessi’s Kitchen. She’s passionate about helping people learn to cook and enjoy healthy and clean food as much as she does. Follow her on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.