From Lauren: As I’ve mentioned, I’m on vacation right now and I am traveling at the moment to visit extended family. I have some awesome guest posts lined up this week and today’s post is from Sylvie at HollywoodHomestead.com. This creamy Maple Banana Ice Cream makes an indulgent (and super simple) summertime treat. Enjoy!
- 1 and ½ cups banana (about 4 or 5 small bananas)
- 2 cans coconut milk, such as Natural Value
- ½ cup 100% pure maple syrup (for GAPS/SCD substitute raw honey)
- 2 egg yolks from pastured chickens
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Blend all ingredients well in a food processor or blender.
- Pour into the ice cream maker.
- Let mix for about 30 minutes.
- Put in freezer for harder ice cream, eat now for soft serve!
About Hollywood Homestead
Sylvie is a celebrity personal assistant and mom of 3 by day, paleo enthusiast and blogger by night. She and SAHD hubby, Eric, each lost over 60 lbs with paleo and continue to improve their family’s health with food and lifestyle tweaks. Sign up for her newsletter at www.hollywoodhomestead.com and follow her on Facebook and Twitter.
I just made this! I used only 1/4 cup of maple syrup and 4 dates instead, also added about 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt. I like the results so far! It was tasty!
This looks delicious….We just started eating Paleo 2 weeks ago with 4 kids….it’s been a struggle but so worth it…I know my kids will enjoy a treat like this. Thank you