Living in Phoenix now, a city relatively absent of seasons, I miss the changing leaves and the crispness in the fall air. Even though it’s still in the high nineties here, I find myself wanting fall foods like heartier soups and stews.
I’ve been enjoying this Instant Pot Butter Chicken recipe, which was created by Thrive Market’s recipe developer Angela Gaines, and is shared with permission. It uses simple spices and a couple pantry staples like crushed tomatoes, and I serve it with the Costco cauliflower rice I keep in my freezer.
Why I support Thrive Market (and 25% off)
If you haven’t signed up for Thrive Market yet, you can get an additional 25% off with this link here.
I’ve worked with Thrive for a few years, and now purchase many of my pantry staples there. Here’s why:
- 25% – 50% off standard prices. Thrive is like an online version of Costco and Whole Foods. For a small yearly membership fee, you get access to wholesale prices on natural and organic ingredients.
- Ethical working conditions. I have purchased countless books, ingredients, and office supplies from Amazon, but the more I learn, the more I prefer not to send my business elsewhere when possible. Amazon’s warehouses have been compared to sweatshops.
- Great prices on their top-quality private label products. I trust Thrive’s private label because they source in ways that supports local, sustainable ecosystems.
- Eco-friendly packaging. I find their use of packaging to be on the heavier side, but they are dedicated to using as much recycled packaging as possible.
- Community support. For every membership purchased, Thrive gives a membership to a family in need.
Again, here’s the link to save an additional 25% off your first order with Thrive Market.
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter, cubed
- ⅔ cup canned coconut milk (or heavy cream)
- ¼ cup packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- Cauliflower rice, for serving
- Add all ingredients except butter, cream, and cilantro to the Instant Pot; stir. Seal the lid and press the poultry button.
- Cook for 15 minutes on high pressure, then allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes. Release all remaining pressure manually, then press the sauté button and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the butter, cream, and cilantro; stir. Serve over cauliflower rice.