Mango Lassi on a stick!
Have you ever had mango lassi? It’s a traditional Indian drink made by blending mango with yogurt. These frozen mango bites remind me of mango lassi. They make a simple (and kid-friendly) dessert or snack. Mango has a silky, dense texture when frozen that reminds me of ice cream.
I make these with my homemade yogurt, after dripping the yogurt through a cheesecloth to make the yogurt thick. You can use store bought greek yogurt. For a dairy free option, use whipped coconut cream from a can of coconut milk.
- 2 cups mango, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 cup thick full-fat Greek yogurt (SCD/GAPS use dripped homemade yogurt)
- OR for dairy free use whipped coconut cream from a can of coconut milk
- 1 Tbs. raw honey or maple syrup
- Freeze the mango chunks on a cookie sheet (don't let the chunks touch).
- Mix together the yogurt and honey. If using whipped coconut cream, whip in a tablespoon of sweetener.
- Dip the frozen mango pieces into the yogurt or coconut cream using a toothpick. Freeze and enjoy! You may wish to thaw slightly before eating.
How long do these usually last and what’s your storage method for them?
After they are frozen solid, I put them in a zip-top bag and keep them in the freezer. I don’t know how long they last… I usually eat them in a week or two.
oh yum! those would be great as a party snack!
have you tried making them with other fruits like pineapple and kiwi instead of mango?
I like the mango because it has a silky texture when frozen. I think kiwi would work well, too!
These look great and I can’t wait to try them!
will have to try, just curious, can you cut mango, dip in yogurt and then freeze or do you have to freeze, dip, refreeze?
The yogurt sticks to the frozen mango better than room temperature mango.
What an awesome idea! With summer coming up I will be definitely trying these out, they sound perfect for a BBQ! And now I have a reason to buy Trader Joe’s pack of frozen mango 🙂
these are delicious!