These simple coconut flour banana squares make a quick and filling breakfast or snack. It’s one of those throw everything in the food processor and bake recipes that you will come back to again and again. Coconut flour recipes have a reputation for turning out dense, but as you can see, these coconut flour banana bars are fluffy and light.
Additionally, these provide a handy travel-friendly treat. Spread with nut butter, coconut butter or good ol’ plain butter for a satiating, on-the-go snack.
The Ginger Secret
Whenever I post a recipe that calls for grated fresh ginger, I have to refer you back to my life-changing ginger secret.
- 2 large or 3 small very ripe bananas
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, ghee or butter, liquified
- ⅓ cup raw honey or real maple syrup
- 6 eggs
- 1½ Tbs. grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x9 glass baking dish or line it with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, blend together everything except the baking soda and vinegar until combined. Add the baking soda and vinegar, blend quickly and pour into the prepared dish.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.