Everything’s great except the air…
I recently moved from Seattle, where I’ve spend my whole life, to Phoenix. There has been a huge amount of pros to this move, including a new business opportunity, a new love, and new friendships, and lots of sunshine.
But there was one significant downside when it came to taking care of my body here, and that’s the air quality.
First, Phoenix has terrible air quality, earning an F in both ozone levels and particle pollution according to the American Lung Association findings. In fact, only LA, Philadelphia, and Atlanta are the only U.S. cities with has worse smog than my new home.
Second, I was moving into a newer-construction apartment complex. New construction means a toxic sh*tstorm of VOCs (volatile organic compounds) from off-gassing laminate, plastic, carpets, and fresh paint.
Third, allergy season hit shortly after I moved. I was determined to avoid being knocked out with allergies like so many of my friends in this area.
With my history of autoimmune disease, I prioritize a healthy living space. I know that toxicity can put my body over the edge.
I previously invested in the top-of-the-line air filter, called an IQ Air, and I brought it with me to Phoenix. However, it runs about $900. It’s also very large and bulky.
I wanted to find an effective and much more affordable option to try out and review.
AirDoctor is everything I was looking for in a filter, for a much more accessible price point.
Benefits of AirDoctor
Here’s a few reasons why AirDoctor is my new favorite filter:
- FILTERS OZONE AND TOXIC GASSES— Typical air filters don’t remove ozone, which is such a problem in Phoenix, as well as other toxic gasses.
- REMOVES OTHER AIR CONTAMINANTS INCLUDING:
- VOCs from paint, building materials, carpeting, cleaning products, hair spray, air fresheners, formaldehyde and more
- Pollen and other Allergen
- Pet Dander and Animal Hai
- Mold Spores and Dust Mite
- Cigarette and Cigar Smoke
- Viruses, Germs and Bacteria
- ELIMINATES ODORS — It includes an automatic air ionizer which removes odors from the air.
- FILTER SENSOR — A light indicates when it’s time to change the filters.
- SLEEP FRIENDLY — It’s super quiet, which I appreciate in my bedroom. The “Night Mode” turns off all the lights to keep your bedroom dark for sleeping.
INVESTING IN SAFE AIR
- IQ Air — $900
- Standard AirDoctor retail — $630
- AirDoctor on Amazon — $500
- AirDoctor through my discounted link here — $330
This discount is available for through Friday, July 10th!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How often do I have to replace the filter? Based on the air quality in the average homeand 24/7 operation, the Gas/VOC filter should last 6 months and the Ultra HEPA filter should last a full 12 months before they need to be replaced.
How long do you keep it on? I prefer to leave mine on 24/7, on the Auto setting.
Does it work for toxic mold? Air Doctor captures mold particles suspended in the air. However, it cannot remove mold spores that are on surfaces.
How much does it weight? 18 pounds — it’s very easy to move!
Can I turn off the ionizer? Air Doctor has a built-in ionizer, but is turned off by default. The ionizer removes odors from the air.