I’ve healed from many diagnosis, including life-threatening conditions, the medical industry calls “incurable.” This includes severe anxiety, anorexia, and ulcerative colitis.
By the time I was 18, I was nearly bedridden with my health struggles. I had already been prescribed a laundry list of pharmaceuticals including antidepressants, corticosteroids, antacid drugs, autoimmune drugs, and anti-cancer drugs. Now, I’ve been medication free for over a decade.
I’ve shared my healing journey here at Empowered Sustenance, which I started at age 19. Here are 25 healing lessons I’ve learned so far…
1. Your healing will make you look crazy, extreme, and dangerous to some people.
2. Nobody else needs to change (or vote differently, or think differently, or live differently) for you to heal. The only one who needs to change is you.
3. You can be right, or you can be healed.
4. Healing leads you to a deeper understanding of spiritual reality. (Read: 5 Reasons To Search Beyond Science for Healing)
5. There is no deep healing without forgiveness. And forgiveness happens naturally with each deeper level of healing.
6. Your trauma/chronic illness/addiction serves you in some way. When you’re courageous enough to see that and meet your needs in healthier ways, you heal. (Resource: Beyond The Rulebook)
7. Anti-anxiety and anti-depressant drugs freeze you at your present level of emotional/spiritual maturity. (Read: The REAL Cause of Anxiety and Depression)
8. Healing requires voicing your Soul Beliefs that will have you judged and misunderstood. So be it. (Read: How to Be Courageous When You Can’t Afford To Be, Watch: How To Handle Hate for Telling The Truth)
9. Addiction is not a “substance problem,” it’s an “inner spiritual environment problem.” (Watch: this video explaining what creates addiction)
10. You can’t heal in the same relationships that made you ill/addicted/traumatized. Either you must change those relationships or leave those relationships.
11. There is no profound healing without improved communication, emotional self-awareness, and boundary skills. (Resource: Beyond The Rulebook)
12. The suffering lasts as long as it takes to learn the lesson.
13. You will have to cope/medicate/numb until you make the choice you’re afraid to make.
14. Suffering is no excuse to not be filled with gratitude for this opportunity to experience Divine Love. (Read: The Most Beautiful Thing I’ve Ever Seen — The Great Awakening is Happening)
15. The path to love, truth, freedom, healing, and God are the same path.
16. Many people won’t go with you. Love them; let them be. (Read: How We Break the Matrix)
17. You may feel lonely at times, but you are never alone. Get closer and closer to God until the loneliness dissolves.
18. You will meet your people.
19. If you grew up in a toxic home, you might have been the symptom that was silenced. Break the generational curse: stop silencing yourself.
20. Healing may take longer than you want. Quit complaining and get back to work.
21. Sexual energy is a powerful healing force when consciously used (with or without a partner), and a powerfully harmful force when repressed or fueled by lust/fear/manipulation. (Resource: Kim Anami’s classes)
22. Souls incarnate at different levels spiritual maturity, with different lessons to learn. Someone else’s healing lessons may be entirely different than yours.
23. Self-pity is pure psychic poison; do not indulge in it.
24. Instead of feeling jealous when others heal, see them as examples of what can be possible for you.
25. You heal in proportion to your courage.