The green sibling of Fettucini Alfredo
To me, this dish tastes reminiscent of Fettucini Alfredo. Granted, my taste buds may be a bit skewed since it’s been a while since I’ve eaten actual wheat pasta with a flour-based sauce. This healthy “pasta” will satisfy your craving for a creamy, decadent bowl of noodles.
How to make zucchini noodles
My favorite way to create the zucchini “noodles” for this recipe is a julienne peeler, which you can find here for about $10. You can sauté or boil the noodles to cook them – see my directions here for preparing and cooking zucchini noodles.
- (Ingredients for 1 serving, just multiply the recipe as many times as necessary)
- About 2 teaspoons olive oil, coconut oil, ghee or butter
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into pasta with a julienne peeler
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 Tbs. yogurt, mayonnaise, or coconut milk
- Big pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Squeeze of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- Heat the oil or butter in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the zucchini and saute for about 3 or 4 minutes, until zucchini has softened but still has structure. Stir often.
- While zucchini is cooking, use a fork to mash up the avocado with the yogurt/mayo/coconut milk, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. It should resemble a smooth guacamole. Turn off the heat and toss the sauce in the sauteed zucchini to warm the sauce. Serve immediately.
This is fantastic! I just spruced it up with some onion, lemon zest, garlic and red pepper flakes right at the end. My 18 month old is devouring it and that is saying something 🙂
I found this recipe some months ago, and vowed to try it, but only got around to it tonight (we had to get a julienne slicer, for one thing). Wow! So good. I went ultra-simple, with just olive oil, mayo, lemon, salt & pepper, and even though the avocado was not QUITE as ripe as I would have liked, the end result was so rich and good. Thank you so much.
What would you think of including artichoke heart, either with — or in place of — the avocado?
This looks wonderful. I am definitely trying this next wk. Have you tried substituting spaghetti squash for pasta?
I haven’t made this exact dish with spaghetti squash, but I do like using spaghetti squash as a pasta substitute. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
100pour 100 sexe free tub sex
Mon avenir sentimental gratuit horoscope scorpion semaine prochaine
Horoscope 2012 balance homme cosmo horoscope
Porno thailandaise rasage du sexe
How do you get the zucchini in noodle form?