To me, this dish tastes reminiscent of Fettucini Alfredo. Granted, my taste buds may be a bit skewed since it’s been a while since I’ve eaten actual wheat pasta with a flour-based sauce. This healthy “pasta” will satisfy your craving for a creamy, decadent bowl of noodles.
How to make zucchini noodles
My favorite way to create the zucchini “noodles” for this recipe is a julienne peeler, which you can find here for about $10. You can sauté or boil the noodles to cook them – see my directions here for preparing and cooking zucchini noodles.
- (Ingredients for 1 serving, just multiply the recipe as many times as necessary)
- About 2 teaspoons olive oil, coconut oil, ghee or butter
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into pasta with a julienne peeler
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 Tbs. yogurt, mayonnaise, or coconut milk
- Big pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Squeeze of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- Heat the oil or butter in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the zucchini and saute for about 3 or 4 minutes, until zucchini has softened but still has structure. Stir often.
- While zucchini is cooking, use a fork to mash up the avocado with the yogurt/mayo/coconut milk, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. It should resemble a smooth guacamole. Turn off the heat and toss the sauce in the sauteed zucchini to warm the sauce. Serve immediately.