Recently, Buzzfeed trapped me on their site with a post of cat memes when I found a clever compilation of Genius 3 Ingredient Recipes there. But my heart sunk when I saw that most of the recipes called for chemical-laden processed ingredients like cake mix, whipped topping, shortening, pre-made pie crusts and chocolate wafer cookies. I was bummed, and decided to use the idea to create a list of three ingredient paleo recipes. Grains, dairy, refined sugar and chemicals aren’t invited to this party. Happy three-ingredient cooking!
P.S. Salt and pepper are “freebie” ingredients and don’t count 🙂
1. Cauliflower + Eggs + Curry Powder = Cauliflower Wraps
Perfect for enjoying with your favorite filling. Recipe here.
2. Banana + Nut Butter + Chocolate Chips = Chocolate Banana Bites
A healthy snack to satisfy your sweet tooth, and also something kids love to make. Recipe here.
3. Strawberries + Bananas + Ginger = Strawberry Ginger Sorbet
A delicious summer soft-serve made with fruit. Recipe here.
4. Coconut Butter + Garlic + Olive Oil = Egg Free Mayonnaise
Perfect for dipping veggies, using in sauces, and spreading on sandwiches. Recipe here.
5. Bell Pepper + Tuna + Mayonnaise = Tuna-Stuffed Peppers
A super quick meal. Use homemade mayonnaise made with coconut oil/olive oil for paleo-friendly mayo without vegetable oil. Recipe here.
6. Coconut oil + Honey + Coconut Milk = Caramel Sauce
Silky, dreamy, sweet. Recipe here.
7. Almonds + Hazelnuts + Vanilla Beans = Toasted Almond Hazelnut Butter
Homemade nut butter is so much more flavorful than store-bought – and cheaper, too! Recipe here.
8. Pecans + Dates + Chocolate Chips = Chocolate “Turtles”
It couldn’t be easier to create a healthy alternative to Turtles candy. Recipe here.
9. Coconut Flour + Shredded Coconut + Banana = Paleo “Oatmeal”
This oat-free “oatmeal” is a warming breakfast porridge. Recipe here.
10. Watermelon + Coconut Milk + Garnishes = Watermelon Cake
The frosting is made with coconut cream, which is the thick part that separates to the top of a can of full-fat coconut milk. Recipe here.
11. Cocoa Powder + Honey + Coconut Oil = Chocolate Cups
Fill with fresh fruit or ice cream for a cute dessert. Recipe here.
12. Tulsi Tea + Gelatin + Honey = Hormone-Balancing Tulsi Geleé
Tulsi tea and gelatin both support hormone balance. Learn about these ingredients and get the recipe here.
13. Pumpkin + Eggs + Coconut oil = Pumpkin Pancakes
A quick and delicious breakfast! Recipe here.
14. Apples + Caramel + Coconut Cream = Caramel Apples
Who knew caramel apples were so easy to make with healthy ingredients? Recipe here.
15. Banana + Chocolate + Pistachios = Banana Sushi
Adorable concept and kids love personalizing their “sushi” with a variety of toppings. Recipe here.
16. Plantain + Baking Soda + Egg = Plantain Waffles
Three ingredient waffles? Sign me up! Recipe here.
17. Avocado + Basil + Lemon = Avocado Pesto Sauce
18. Apricot Preserves + Coconut Aminos + Apple Cider Vinegar = Sweet and Sour Sauce
19. Coconut milk + Eggs + Banana = Banana Custard
Top with nuts and maple syrup, if desired. Recipe here.
20. Bananas + Eggs + Instant Coffee = Coffee Pancakes
Get your morning coffee and pancakes in one bite. Recipe here.
21. Portobellos + Proscuitto + Eggs = Baked Eggs in Mushroom Cups
A new way to enjoy your morning eggs. Recipe here.
22. Coconut Milk + Sweetener + Probiotic Capsule = Coconut Milk Yogurt
A creamy and dairy-free yogurt. Recipe here.
23. Bananas + Almond Butter + Honey = Almond Crunch Ice Cream
No ice cream maker needed! Recipe here.
24. Cocoa + Coconut Milk + Maple Syrup = Chocolate Mousse
A thick and creamy mousse without dairy or eggs. Recipe here.
25. Dates + Non-Dairy Milk + Unsweetened Chocolate = Chocolate Fudge Sauce
Is your mouth watering yet? Recipe here.
Have you tried any of these three ingredient recipes? Don’t forget to share the post if you enjoyed!