Did you know that most city tap water deposits the following toxins into your body?
- Chlorine is a toxin used to sanitize water. Sanitation is necessary but drinking chlorine is not.
- Fluoride is a neurotoxic chemical banned in Western Europe.
- Microorganisms, bacteria and viruses circulate in city water supplies.
- Heavy metals such as lead, copper and aluminum often pass into water from plumbing.
- Pharmaceuticals from human and animal waste (such as antibiotics and hormones) are not removed in city water treatment facilities.
4 reasons to remove fluoride from your water
- Fluoride is a neurotoxin and does not belong in your body.
- 97% of Western Europe has rejected water fluoridation.
- 50 studies have linked fluoride with reduced IQ in children.
- Excessive fluoride exposure can cause osteoarthritis. (Source: Fluoride Action Network)
The cancer risk to people who drink chlorinated water is 93 percent higher than those who don't.
How to make your tap water safe
When I first learned about the toxins in my tap water, I was a college student. I needed an effective, budget-friendly filter that I could transport between my parent’s house and my on-campus housing.
Pitcher filters like Pur and Brita remove only a small percent of the above toxins. Filters installed under-the-counter were expensive and not portable. And I couldn’t justify the price of high-tech alkalizing filters, which often do not remove fluoride.
The Berkey Filter fit my needs perfectly.
Why I chose Berkey
- It is the most affordable filter that effectively removes fluoride.
- It also removes chlorine, microorganisms, heavy metals and pharmaceuticals.
- Maintenance work and cost is minimal, and assembly is easy.
- For emergency preparedness purposes, it can turn pool water into drinking water without electricity.
- It is travel-friendly, unlike under-counter options.
Utilities do the best job that they can treating a big problem with limited resources, but we must do better. It is not uncommon for people to drink tap water laced with 20 or 30 chemical contaminants. This water may be legal, but it raises serious health concerns.
Get started with Berkey
- Click below and add a Big Berkey Filter to your cart.
- If you have fluoridated water, add the fluoride filters to your cart.
- Add the stainless steel stand to your cart, which is streamlined and puts the filter in a functional position.
- Use my coupon EMPOWERED5 for 5% off (their prices are already low, so they couldn’t give me a bigger discount for you).
- Get free shipping automatically on orders over $50.
Free Download: Berkey Tips and Tricks
I put together an exclusive download with the tips and tricks I wish I knew when my Berkey arrived at my door. I’ve also answered the Frequently Asked Questions I receive about Berkey.
Download my free Berkey Insider Tips Guide here. (A PDF document will open.)