When it comes to cosmetic ingredients, the FDA fails to ensure safety and adequate testing.
70 percent of likely voters believe the government should be responsible for ensuring the safety of chemicals in personal care products, but the FDA fails disastrously short of this responsibility.
Instead, the FDA says on its website, “Companies and individuals who manufacture or market cosmetics have a legal responsibility to ensure the safety of their products.” As evidenced by the following widespread toxins in personal care products, however, the cosmetic industry prioritizes profits over ingredient safety.
Common toxins in cosmetics
- Phalates – Hiding under the name Fragrance and Parfum, this is linked to weight gain, thyroid dysfunction, hormone disruption, diabetes, and obesity. (1, 2)
- Parabens – Conclusively shown to be absorbed from personal care products, this hormone-disruptor shows up in the vast majority of breast-cancer tumors. (3, 4)
- Oxybenzone – A chemical sunscreen that doesn’t reduce the risk of melanoma. Instead, the body perceives it as estrogen and it is associated with endometriosis. (5)
Lacking in both imagination and concern for humans, animals and the environment, [cosmetic chemists] […] torture lab animals to prove their chemicals are safe (an inaccurate and inhumane form of testing), in collaboration with the agency that’s supposed to protect you from them: the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Toxic cosmetics mean a toxic body, as your body can’t flush out toxins if you apply toxins on a daily basis.
Fortunately, chemical levels drop almost immediately when safe cosmetics are used. After just three days of using non-toxic cosmetics instead of their usual products, teenage girls experienced a 25-45% drop in four specific chemicals excreted from their body. (Source.)
The Company I Trust for Safe Cosmetics
I learned years ago that I could either spend tedious hours researching each ingredient in my cosmetics, or find a company that I trust to do that research for me. 100% Pure is the brand I trust and have used for years.
Not only is 100% Pure safe, their products are withstand my picky standards for a luxurious cosmetic experience. Further, they boost their products with high-performing organic skincare ingredients.
Absorption of toxins from cosmetics and personal care products causes chronic exposure.
It could be that some chemicals at a very low dose and over a long period time, which is known as chronic exposure, can cause more harmful diseases or effects.
The cosmetic company I trust for safe ingredients
After trying 25+ natural cosmetic brands, 100% Pure made the cut as the only cosmetic brand I love enough to endorse. The products are truly safe and ethically produced. Everything I’ve used from 100% Pure performs at the level of luxury-brand cosmetics.
I am not a makeup guru, but I am a cosmetic connoisseur. I expect high-end packaging and performance at an affordable price. I dedicate just a few minutes to my daily makeup ritual and use just a few products that deliver a healthy, polished glow.
Here’s my beauty philosophy: vibrant health always starts from the inside, from a nutrient-dense diet and a joyful mindset. But a little highlighter goes a long way in emphasizing that inner glow!
Switch to Safe Cosmetics
- Click the button below to visit 100% Pure
- Check out the Specials page to view any current deals or gifts.
- Get free shipping and free returns automatically
My 100% Pure Routine
Four products, six minutes, and I’m out the door!
- Black Tea Mascara– available here. Lovely length, definition, and volume. Ideal for sensitive eyes.
- BB Cream – available here – a natural-finish, silky foundation ideal for my highly-sensitive skin.
- Lip products –They list all their lip products here. The Pomegranate Oil Lipstick in Foxglove is my new favorite. It’s an ultra-creamy, pink nude shade.
- Pretty Naked Palatte – available here – It includes my favorite fruit-pigmented highlighter, a peachy blush, and neutral eyeshadows. The highlighter is my favorite product — instant sleep and sunshine in a compact!