From Lauren: I’m excited to share this recipe for Apple Paleo Oven Pancake from the all-star George Bryant, also known as The Civilized Caveman. George is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Paleo Kitchen and a wonderful human being.His recent post 26 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me is a testimony to his strong soul.
Apple Paleo Oven Pancake
I was so excited when Lauren asked me to share a recipe. She stopped by Civilized Caveman Cooking to share a delicious recipe for Fruit Juice Caramel Sauce last year and my readers loved it and so did I. Now I want to return the favor. One of the things I focus on creating is tips, tricks, recipes, and meal plans to help everyone save time in the kitchen.
These delicious apple cinnamon oven pancakes were created to have another simple breakfast option on hand to grab and go for those busy days. They can even be a delicious dessert. As much as being a blogger seems glamorous, we struggle to get delicious food in most of the time and I live off leftovers. That is why I make sure my leftovers are always delicious.
Another tool that I use weekly is our free meal plans and shopping lists. We created these to take the guesswork and stress out of having food for the week. We handle all the research, recipes and shopping lists and then send them out to you every Friday. These apple cinnamon oven pancakes will be included soon.
I love breakfast foods, which is where this recipe came from. If you are like me, you probably miss and love cinnamon rolls, chocolate chip pancakes, biscuits and gravy, etc. Great news is that I missed them so much, I made them and put them in my book The Paleo Kitchen so we can eat healthy and have fun doing it. You can pick it up in your Barnes & Noble, Costco or Amazon.
- 6 eggs
- 1½ cups milk of choice, such as almond milk or light coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut flour, my favorite one is available here
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- ½ Tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp 100% Pure maple syrup
- 2 apples of your choice, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 4 Tbsp oil of your choice, such as coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a blender combine eggs, coconut milk, coconut flour, vanilla, cinnamon, sea salt, and maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Place oil in 9x13 inch baking dish and place in preheated oven for 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add apples to dish and place back in oven, and leave in there for 3-4 minutes. Don't let the apples brown.
- Remove from oven, remix your batter to make sure it hasn't settled, then pour batter over apples in the baking dish and place back in oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven and I would serve it with a drizzle of maple syrup and some sprinkling of cinnamon.
About George Bryant
George Bryant is a professional Husband, Bonus Dad and family man. He is also the New York Times Best-Selling author of The Paleo Kitchen and creator of the wildly popular Paleo food blog “Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations.” After spending the first 20-something years of his life in a constant battle with his weight, and then nearly losing both his legs while on deployment as a US Marine, George took matters into his own hands and began his own Paleo-journey. What started as a simple place to post recipes for friends has since turned into an award-winning food blog. After being in the Marines for 12 years, George has since been medically separated and is enjoying working full-time creating delicious Paleo recipes, while hoping to change as many lives for the better by making REAL food recipes simple and tasty. Follow George at Civilized Caveman Cooking, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.