Are you on a special diet such as the Paleo, Autoimmune Paleo, Primal, SCD or GAPS Diet?
Do you have food allergies or sensitivities?
Do you want an alternative to almond flour baked goods?
I face those same challenges, and that’s why I created Indulge and Heal!
Indulge and Heal features:
- Over 90 pages of nourishing recipes, beautiful photos, and healing information
- Recipes suited for the GAPS, SCD and Paleo/Primal diets
- Over 40 exhaustively tested recipes without grains, dairy, nuts and refined sugar
- Many recipes exclusive to the book as well as some reader favorite recipes from the blog
- An additional egg free recipe index – more than half the recipes are egg free!
- Information on ingredient substitution and sourcing
- More resources for healing
Want a sneak peak? View a PDF preview here.
What is in the ebook?
Nutmeg and Date Panna Cotta
Mango Banana Sorbet
Spiced Carrot Bars
Vanilla Cupcakes with Merengue Buttercream
Coconut Flour Chai Cookies
The ebook divides the 43 recipes into six categories: Baked, Creamy, Chilly, Morsels, Breakfast and Drink. Not only are these recipes grain, dairy, nut and sugar free (and many egg free), I’ve exhaustively tested and perfected them.
And the pictures: one for almost every recipe. I’ve admitted my photography challenges before, but something happened. Something clicked. I don’t mean to brag (LOL, yes I do!) but these pictures are beautiful.
Additionally, I’ve included pages on ingredient substitutions, ingredient sourcing, extra grain free resources, and an egg free recipe index.
Why skip the almond flour?
Indulge and Heal is a unique grain-free cookbook because it is completely nut-free… that means no almond flour. Why is this important?
Almond flour presents more than a few potential health problems and it should be used with very judicious moderation. Here’s a few reasons why I didn’t use almond flour in Indulge and Heal:
- About 30% of the fat in almonds is polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs). Our modern diets tend to already be overburdened with PUFA, and the extra PUFAs in almond flour can place a significant toll on health. PUFAs impair mitochondrial production and therefore slow the metabolism. They also impede thyroid function, impair the action of certain digestive enzymes, deplete antioxidants, and throw hormones out of balance by encouraging estrogen-dominancy.
- The fats in almond flour aren’t heat stable. Heat, such as from the oven, causes the double bonds in the polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats to oxidize. Why are oxidized fats bad? In a nutshell, oxidized fats = free radicals. Free radicals = cell damage.
- Almond flour is also very high in oxalates, a substance that can link up with calcium in the body and create irritating crystals. Excessive dietary oxalates primarily poses a health issue for those with leaky guts, those with a long history of antibiotic usage, and those with inflammatory issues like arthritis.
Many of the baked good recipes in Indulge and Heal use coconut flour, a nourishing alternative to almond flour. Coconut flour has heat-stable, metabolism boosting medium-chain fatty acids and is very low in oxalates.
What about food allergies/sensitivities?
My fellow allergic peeps, this ebook is going to make your day: all the recipes are nut and dairy free, and more than half are egg free! Yes, that is proof: I love you dearly, egg-allergy readers! Many of the recipes call for gelatin, however, so this is not the best option for my vegan readers.
What about GAPS and SCD?
All the recipes are suitable for the later stages of GAPS, when baked goods and larger amounts of honey can be introduced. All recipes except the few containing cocoa powder fit into SCD. (The Ginger, Sweet Potato and Apple Pudding is not GAPS or SCD, because it contains sweet potato. Pumpkin pureé can be substituted for the sweet potato to accommodate the diets.)
I just wanted to tell you how much I love your e-book Indulge and Heal. I bought it on a whim and couldn’t be happier with every recipe I’ve made from it. My kids have nut allergies and it’s often difficult to find Paleo treats without almond flour. I have wanted to transition them away from a gluten-based diet, but it was difficult with their allergies – and they’re kids so they like their treats and breakfast baked foods. Your book has helped me clean up their (and my husband’s!) diets. Thank you!
- Stephanie from Virginia
Are you ready to indulge and heal?
Order Indulge and Heal for instant access to the PDF digital book to read on your computer, laptop or tablet.
It is not available as a paperback book, it is a digital book.
Your satisfaction is my priority. If you are unhappy with your purchase, I have a 30-day money back guarantee so email me at firstname.lastname@example.org within the 30 days. Also, thank you for supporting Empowered Sustenance with your purchase! Your purchase allows me to cover site fees like hosting and a newsletter service, and it allows me to keep bringing great content to Empowered Sustenance each week.