Have you ever had mango lassi? It’s a traditional Indian drink made by blending mango with yogurt. These frozen mango bites remind me of mango lassi. They make a simple (and kid-friendly) dessert or snack. Mango has a silky, dense texture when frozen that reminds me of ice cream.
I make these with my homemade yogurt, after dripping the yogurt through a cheesecloth to make the yogurt thick. You can use store bought greek yogurt. For a dairy free option, use whipped coconut cream from a can of coconut milk.
- 2 cups mango, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 cup thick full-fat Greek yogurt (SCD/GAPS use dripped homemade yogurt)
- OR for dairy free use whipped coconut cream from a can of coconut milk
- 1 Tbs. raw honey or maple syrup
- Freeze the mango chunks on a cookie sheet (don't let the chunks touch).
- Mix together the yogurt and honey. If using whipped coconut cream, whip in a tablespoon of sweetener.
- Dip the frozen mango pieces into the yogurt or coconut cream using a toothpick. Freeze and enjoy! You may wish to thaw slightly before eating.