This post is for you if:
- You want to detox your hair care products and instead use holistic ingredients
- You like clean ingredients, but you still like luxury products and high-end performance
- You’re a crystal junkie, want to incorporate these high-vibe rocks into your skin and hair care
What’s Diamond Crystal Mist?
It’s a silky, moisturizing spray that is an aromatherapy and beauty treatment in one. I’ve never experienced anything like it, as the ingredients are highly unique:
- Water, as a base
- Quartz crystals liquified into a base of Saint John’s Wort
- Essential oils including wild rose, frankincense, myrrh, and sandalwood – the blend creates an etherial, luxurious, grounding fragrance without being heavily scented. These oils also contribute soothing, reparative, and antibacterial properties.
You’re probably asking the same question I did: “how does one liquify quartz crystals?” I asked The Hair Shaman himself that, when I stayed at his castle in California.
I’ll make that a long story short: Anthony Morrocco invited me to meet him and the team, and I stayed in his refurbished-castle-home. I shared the experience and a peak at the MM headquarters here.
Anthony didn’t share the proprietary process of creating a crystal-infused spray, but did tell me the infusion technique is influenced by his Chi Gong and Hair Shaman training. Anthony has a profound grasp of energetic subtleties and energy healing, developed partly from his training with a true Chi Gong master. As someone who highly sensitive to energy, and has always felt a soul-calling to share forms of energy medicine, I feel a deep affinity to Anthony’s approach to product formulation.
Here are five ways I used Diamond Crystal Mist in my hair and skin routine:
1. Leave-In Conditioner
When I switched to Morrocco Method, I noticed that I no longer needed to use heavy rinse-out conditioners… which meant I saved time and money! When I want to add extra shine and moisture to my hair, I reach for Diamond Crystal Mist. It’s a light-weight, leave-in conditioning treatment. Simply mist a couple of times through wet or dry hair. If you tend toward dry/split ends, focus the product on the ends of your hair.
Be aware that it can make hair look oily if used too generously – I only need just a few spritzes on my fine hair. However, curly, ethnic and drier hair types that soak up moisture call for a heartier dose of the product.
2. Soothing Skin Spray
When I visited the Morrocco Method headquarters, I noticed that all the team members had a mini Diamond Crystal Mist on their desk. They spritz their face when they want to refresh and moisturize their skin.
The mist is a multi-purpose skin savior and can be used for:
- Soothing and cooling sunburn
- Moisturizing skin after shaving (the antibacterial properties also help prevent irritation in the open pores after shaving)
- Calming bug bites
- Eczema – Saint John’s Wort, a key ingredient in Diamond Crystal Mist, is a traditional topical remedy for soothing eczema. The essential oils in the mist have also been used to speed wound healing and prevent infection.
- Pet care – Spritz on areas of skin irritation on your furry family members
3. Hair Detangler
If your hair – or your kiddo’s hair – is prone to tangles and knots when it is wet, you will adore Diamond Crystal Mist. Simply mist onto dry or wet hair and gently comb out the snags. Again, curly/ethnic/thick/drier hair will need more spritzes than fine hair.
4. Dry Scalp Treatment
If your scalp tends toward dryness and irritation, Diamond Crystal Mist may save the day. The reparative essential oils, along with the topically-healing St. John’s Wort, address scalp irritation.
Spritz it directly onto the areas of dryness as many time per day as you desire, on dry hair or after washing. Again, depending on your hair type, using too much mist may weight your hair down.
5. Makeup Setting Spray
Spritzing your face with Diamond Crystal Mist sets your makeup, adds a subtle glow and moisturizes your skin.
If you have oily skin, it may be slightly too heavy for your skin type. To try it out, I recommend spritzing it very lightly over your face. You may notice that it makes your skin shiny during the day. For those with normal to drier skin types, Diamond Crystal Mist infuses your skin with moisture throughout the day.
Diamond Crystal Mist is available here from Morrocco Method.
Have you used Diamond Crystal Mist before? Any other use suggestions?