I’ve written, rather extensively, about Morrocco Method shampoos before, along with a couple of my other favorite holistic hair care products.
I mentioned the multi-uses of Diamond Crystal Mist in my No Heat Hair Care Guide but it decidedly deserves its own blog post.
Diamond Crystal Mist is a 100% raw hair and skin care spray available here at Morrocco Method.
Ingredients in Diamond Crystal Mist
- Water, as a base
- Crystals liquified into a base of Saint John’s Wort (a proprietary technique influenced by Anthony Morrocco’s Chi Gong and Hair Shaman training)
- Essential oils including wild rose, frankincense, myrrh, and sandalwood – the blend creates an etherial, luxurious, grounding fragrance without being heavily scented. These oils also contribute soothing, reparative, and antibacterial properties.
1. Leave-In Conditioner
When I switched to Morrocco Method, I noticed that I no longer needed to use heavy rinse-out conditioners… which meant I saved time and money! When I want to add extra shine and moisture to my hair, I reach for Diamond Crystal Mist. It’s a light-weight, leave-in conditioning treatment. Simply mist a couple of times through wet or dry hair. If you tend toward dry/split ends, focus the product on the ends of your hair.
Be aware that it can make hair look oily if used too generously – I only need just a few spritzes on my fine hair. However, curly, ethnic and drier hair types that soak up moisture call for a heartier dose of the product.
2. Soothing Skin Spray
When I vistited the Morrocco Method headquarters in April, I noticed that all the team members had a mini Diamond Crystal Mist on their desk. They spritz their face when they want to refresh and moisturize their skin.
The mist is a multi-purpose skin savior and can be used for:
- Soothing and cooling sunburn
- Moisturizing skin after shaving (the antibacterial properties also help prevent irritation in the open pores after shaving)
- Calming bug bites
- Eczema – Saint John’s Wort, a key ingredient in Diamond Crystal Mist, is a traditional topical remedy for soothing eczema. The essential oils in the mist have also been used to speed wound healing and prevent infection.
- Pet care – Spritz on areas of skin irritation on your furry family members
If your hair – or your kiddo’s hair – is prone to tangles and knots when it is wet, you will adore Diamond Crystal Mist. Simply mist onto dry or wet hair and gently comb out the snags. Again, curly/ethnic/thick/drier hair will need more spritzes than fine hair.
4. Dry Scalp Treatment
If your scalp tends toward dryness and irritation, Diamond Crystal Mist may save the day. The reparative essential oils, along with the topically-healing St. John’s Wort, address scalp irritation.
Spritz it directly onto the areas of dryness as many time per day as you desire, on dry hair or after washing. Again, depending on your hair type, using too much mist may weight your hair down.
5. Makeup Setting Spray
Spritzing your face with Diamond Crystal Mist sets your makeup, adds a subtle glow and moisturizes your skin. Because the spray boasts antibacterial properties, it doubles as a
If you have oily skin, it may be slightly too heavy for your skin type. To try it out, I recommend spritzing it very lightly over your face. You may notice that it makes your skin shiny during the day. For those with normal to drier skin types, Diamond Crystal Mist infuses your skin with moisture throughout the day.
Diamond Crystal Mist and Zen Detox bonus sample
I created an exclusive Bonus Sample Pack with Morrocco Method. Orders over $50 on MorroccoMethod.com, with coupon code SUSTENANCE50, get a free mini Diamond Crystal Mist and mini Zen Detox. It’s the perfect intro to the mist, and is the ideal size to toss in your purse/gym bag/car.
New to Zen Detox? It’s a powerhouse deep-cleanser and scalp-balancing treatment. Read my post, How to Detox Your Hair for details.
Don’t know what to order? Here are a few of my favorites
Have you used Diamond Crystal Mist before? Any other use suggestions?