Dairy Free Caramel Sauce from Indulge
Today’s post is from Carol at Ditch The Wheat. As a fan of her popular book, Indulge: 70 Grain Free Desserts, I invited her to share this simple dairy free caramel sauce recipe from the book. I like how Indulge offers a wide variety of both almond flour and coconut flour recipes and everything from apple fritters to tea cookies. Many of the recipes (but not all) are suitable for the SCD/GAPS diet and all of the recipes are paleo-friendly.
This dairy free caramel sauce recipe was made to make it easy for you to remember it. You start with coconut oil, double the amount for the next ingredient and then double the amount for the next ingredient. Pretty easy, right!
- Mix all ingredients together in a small pot. Please note, if you double the recipe you also need to use a larger pot.
- Turn the heat to high, whisking constantly.
- Once the sauce comes to a boil lower the heat to medium.
- Continue whisking constantly.
- When the sauce begins to thicken, turn the heat to low.
- The sauce is done when the colour is light brown.
- Take the pot off of the heat and pour the mixture into a bowl/container. Serve once cooled.
- If you need to reheat the sauce, heat on a low setting in a pot on the stove. There may be some separation of oil when reheated.
Ditch the wheat, not the flavor and texture!
Want to ditch the wheat? Or are you looking for more inspiration for wheat and dairy free meals? Grab Indulge: 70 Grain Free Desserts! At 8,000 copies sold (and counting), this is a favorite resource in grain free kitchens.