Do you remember your discovery of roasted garlic? You put it on everything for about a week, right? It is my pleasure to introduce to you the new roasted garlic: Paleo Crumble Topping!
So far, I’ve used these golden nuggets to crown:
We’ve established that this Paleo crumble topping is easy and delicious, but it gets better: this recipe contains no nuts, dairy, eggs or sugar! That is quite a feat for a grain-free recipe.
Soaking the sunflower seeds removes the phytic acid and enzyme inhibitors. Using the wet seeds directly in the dough eliminates the usual step of dehydrating them after soaking. Best of all, this crumble topping contains no menacing allergens and boasts metabolism-boosting, appetite-satiating, and nourishing ingredients.
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, soaked in salted water for at least 8 hours and drained
- 3 Tbs. coconut flour
- 3 Tbs. finely shredded coconut
- 2 Tbs. butter or coconut oil
- 2 Tbs. raw honey
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Pulse all ingredients together in a food processor until a soft, smooth dough forms, about 3-4 minutes. The mixture will be crumbly. Taste and adjust stevia, if necessary.
- Pour the dough out onto the cookie sheet. Press and compact the dough into a mass. Break off bits of the dough to form small, crumble-sized pieces.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until golden brown. Stir halfway through baking to ensure even browning.